May Day.
What a busy day.
A good day.
Had tea and lunch at a friend's home on Douglas Island.
Bought a larger bike for Sarah. We had a hard time convincing her not to ride it out of the store. She mixed up her words and asked if we were going to 'steal' the bike...then 'corrected' herself and asked if we were going to 'sale' the bike. We finally caught up with her line of thought and said, "Yes, we are going to BUY the bike, but you have to walk it out of the store."
Laura, Sarah and I attended the Irish Dancer recital. Saw people I know from my school, Sarah's school and church. I spoke briefly with the Irish dance teachers - and they really are Irish.
Chuck and I bought groceries.
Tonight we look forward to watching some Star Trek:Voyager episodes, thanks to 3 seasons worth of dvd's loaned to us by a special aunty and uncle.
Saturdays can be busy doing have-to-do-tasks but today it was pleasant busy one with fun-to-do people activities.
Oh, by the way, I noticed on Thursday morning that we have our first scratch on the new car. Sigh. Don't know how that happened. It's very small but it's there. Part of life for a car. Think we can handle it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- Alaska Snowflakes (1)
- Busy But Nice Saturday (1)
- Gardening (1)
- May Flowers (1)
- Music Sunshine and Car Wash (1)
- Snowstorm (1)
- Spring Forward (1)
- Spring in the Neighborhood (1)
Followers
About Me
- Alaska Snowflakes
- Chuck and I chose to move to Alaska from Montreal in 1989 and have lived in Homer, Kodiak and now Juneau.
1 comment:
You can't put a price on Sarah and her new bike story - priceless!
Post a Comment