March 28, 2010

Although very tiny and fragile, snowflakes have a way of multiplying, don't they? It's quite miraculous. And, no two are alike but they all have 6 points. What an awesome, creative God we serve.

It's been over a year since I sold some snowflakes at a local tourist shop downtown. I am used to doing annual Christmas bazaars so it's a different experience selling them to a store and letting someone else market them. Well, three days ago, I received a phone call from that shop and they've asked for dozens more! Fortunately I have a lot on hand. This time they don't want them packaged, but want to display them on...yes, a Christmas tree! Patricia has designed and updated some tags for me to print out and add to the snowflake hangars. I need to deliver them by the end of April. Very exciting to know that 'Alaska Snowflakes' are going to find homes around the world as the cruise ship passengers go on their shopping sprees for souvenirs. I remember in Kodiak, when a lady bought one crocheted snowflake from me and said that she collects them, from all around the world. It is a privilege to know that one of my little creations are part of her large and growing collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment